It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Morning
Blessed be God,
you have not rejected my prayer
or removed your steadfast love from me.

Invitatory Psalm 84
....
O Lord, God of hosts, hear my prayer;
give ear, O God of Jacob!
Behold our shield, O God;
look on the face of your anointed.
For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than live in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
God bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does the Lord withhold
from those who walk uprightly..
O Lord of hosts,
happy is everyone who trust in you.
Psalms 9,10

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 14:19-21

Lectio Divina
In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live (John 14:19).

Come and hear, all of you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for me (Psalm 66:16).

Prayer for Today:
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful. And kindle in them th fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And you will renew the face of the earth (UMBOW 390).

Midday Psalm 119:9-16

Evening
Psalms 11, 14, 15, 26

No comments: