It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, May 23
Morning
Blessed be God,
you have not rejected my prayer
or removed your steadfast love from me.

Invitatory Psalm 95

Psalms 1,2,3,5

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 14:15-18

Lectio Divina
"If you love me, you will keep my commandments." (John 14:15)

Bless our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard, who has kept us among the living, and has not let our feet slip (Psalm 66:8-9).

Midday Psalm 119:1-8

Prayer for Today:
Living and gracious God,
through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ
you have brought us out to a spacious place
where we are called to live as those redeemed.
Empower us by your Spirit to keep your command
that we may show forth your love
with gentle word and reverent deed
to all your people. Amen.

Evening
Psalms 6, 7, 8

No comments: